*Another name for this dish is podešve, přesňáky, lady … very similar to lokše aka salty potato pancakes also baked dry on the stove.
Submitted by: Sam J.
Recipe Source Country: Czech Republic
Cooking/Prep time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- 750 g of boiled potatoes
- 300 g of semi-coarse flour
- 2 eggs
- any marmalade
- icing sugar
- a pinch of salt
- poppy seeds
- Cooked the potatoes the day before.
- Grated the potatoes, add a pinch of salt, eggs, and flour, and make a dough.
- On a floured rolling pin, form thin pancakes, which are baked in a frying pan (without oil, but you can also use butter) until brown spots start to form (the baking time depends on you and how dark you want the pancakes to be, but you don’t need too long as the potatoes are already pre-cooked).
- Brush the pancakes on both sides with butter, on one side with jam, roll up, sprinkle with icing sugar and poppy seeds and serve warm with hot tea or white coffee.
This recipe is important to me because it always reminds me of my childhood and also of times spent at my grandmother’s during the summer holidays.