Submitted by: Beren B.
Recipe Source Country: Turkey
Cooking/Prep time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- 1 kg of eggplant
- 250 g of lean ground beef
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion
- 2-3 green peppers
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- Black pepper
- Oil to fry
- Fry the eggplants.
- Fry the minced meat in the pan.
- After the water is absorbed, it is cooked by adding oil, finely chopped onion, pepper, garlic, and tomato paste in order. Spices are added. (that’s for selection)
- Place eggplants on the baking tray. Open the eggplants and fill them with the meat mixture.
- Take 1 teaspoon of tomato paste with a bit of water into the tray.
- Bake it in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes
Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables that’s why I love Karnıyarık and ı hope you will like it as well. it belongs to Turkey. I think Karnıyarık is one of the best Turkish meals. It is not so hard to make that’s why Turkish people generally eat it.