Submitted by: Jurairat T.
Recipe Source Country: Thailand/China/South Korea
Cooking/Prep time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Moo Kata, often referred to as Mu Kratha, is essentially a fusion of Korean barbecue and Chinese hot pot. In Thailand, it is a very socially important dish that is always prepared on 31 December.
- any vegetable (most often cabbage, turnip, plantain and Enoki mushroom)
- meat according to preference
- noodles (egg, rice…)
- broth according to preference
- Suki sauce (can be bought in an Asian shop)
Quantity of ingredients according to the number of servings and your preference.
- Cut the meat into slices and marinate for a few minutes.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and compact/table grill. Traditionally, a tabletop grill has a raised area where the meat is prepared and an area around where vegetables, fish balls and mushrooms in broth are prepared. If you don’t have a tabletop grill, you can prepare the recipe in a traditional frying pan and pot.
- You can place the meat and the remaining ingredients on the grill at the same time. Wait until the ingredients are cooked.
- You can season the dish as desired, including sweet, spicy or garlic sauce.